Cost per recipe $3.49 view details
- 1 pkt active dry yeast
- 2 c. hot water (105-115F)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. butter or possibly margarine melted
- 1 x egg beaten
- 4 c. self-rising flour unsifted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dissolve yeast in the hot water; add in sugar. Let stand 5 min to proof.
- Heat butter; let cold a bit and add in egg. Add in all of the ingredients to yeast mix. Stir, but do not worry if all of the lumps are not out.
- Cover bowl of dough with Saran wrap or possibly foil and let refrigeratein fridge at least 2 hrs before baking.
- I like to leave dough in fridge a day for best results. However, some cookbooks say this recipe can be made right away after mixing the dough.
- The dough keeps in fridge a good week.
- Use scant 1/4 c. amounts of dough to make muffins and place in greased muffin c..
- Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 min or possibly until browned.
- Makes about 18 muffins.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1245g|
|Calories from Fat 1296||40%|
|Total Fat 147.64g||185%|
|Saturated Fat 89.61g||358%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 424.2g||113%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.0g||50%|