When it comes to Thanksgiving dinner, the gravy seems to enhance the flavor of every item on your plate. It pulls the turkey, stuffing, and potatoes nicely together. This year don’t use one of those store bought jars of the stuff, make our skinny recipe. It’s easier than you think... Most of the flavor of ours comes from the stock. We’ve thickened it with some flour and added some simple seasonings.
Weight Watchers POINTS value 1
Skinny Facts: for ¼ cup skinny serving
36 calories, 1.7g fat, 2g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, 191mg sodium, 1g sugar
- â cup reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Heart Light spread
- â cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or turkey stock
- 1 cup warmed water
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or any cooking sherry
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup skinless cooked turkey meat, chopped fine
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in broth and water until well mixed. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sherry, pepper and turkey bits. Serve warm in a gravy boat, creamer, or small tea pot.
- The gravy can be made a day in advance and heated before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 55g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||19%|
|Total Fat 0.33g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.11g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.3g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|