- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 2-3 tbs. chopped onions
- 4 tbs.Homemade Chili Powder (see links), or storebought
- 14.5 oz. petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 16 oz. can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 15- 15 1/2 oz. can red beans
- 2 tbs. chopped cilantro
- toppings: Fritos, shredded cheese
- Saute beef and onions together in a soup pot, drain.
- Add all other ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add Tabasco, if it's not hot enough for you.
- Ladle into bowls, top with Fritos and cheese, if desired.