Delicious and easy! Make it now before the summer berries are gone!
Cost per serving $0.52 view details
- 2 c. mashed strawberries, about 1 quart. (a potato masher works well)
- 4 c. sugar
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce.) box regular powdered fruit pectin such as Sure-Jell
- 3/4 c. water
- Stir strawberries and sugar together, mixing thoroughly. Set aside. Stir powdered fruit pectin with water in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add in strawberry-sugar mix.
- Continue stirring until sugar is completely dissolved and no longer grainy.
- Pour into clean dry containers, filling to within 1/2 inch of tops. Cover at once with tight lids.
- Let stand at room temperature overnight or until completely cold. Store in freezer until opened; then store in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Makes sufficient for about four 8 oz containers.
- NOTE: Be sure to measure sugar exactly. Don't reduce amount or possibly jam won't set properly.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 126g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||0%|
|Total Fat 0.09g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 82.18g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|