Cost per serving $1.27 view details
- 2 x Red bell peppers, sliced in
- 1 x 1/2 inch wid strips
- 3 x Big onions, or possibly 4 small
- Â Â Onions
- 1/2 x Garlic bulb
- 1 lb Mushrooms, cleaned and
- Â Â Sliced
- 2 jar ff spaghetti sauce or possibly
- Â Â Omemade equivelent
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh basil, chopped
- Pasta: Use penne,rigatoni or possibly Some other substantial pasta Preheat oven to 400F. You will need 2 non-stick standard size baking sheets. Cut the bell peppers into strips and place on a non-stick baking sheet, skin side down.
- Cut the onions into thick (1/2") slices and place on baking sheet. Peel the skin off the garlic cloves and set the cloves on top of the onion slices
- (one clove per onion slice). Bake at 400 for 30-40 min. The vegetables should be soft and have just a few brown spots.
- While the vegetables roast, slice the mushrooms and Saute/fry them in 1 Tablespoons water in the bottom of a big saucepan. When they are cooked, add in the 2 jars of spaghetti sauce and the basil. Hot the whole sauce through and allow to simmer till the roasted vegetables are done. Dump the roasted vegetables into the sauce and stir to separate the onion rings.
- Serve over penne pasta (that was cooking while you made the sauce since you think ahead, of course). Ridiculously simple, but it tastes good.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 129g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||8%|
|Total Fat 0.31g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.05g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.91g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|