Cost per recipe $2.24 view details
- Pork shoulder
- Palm Islands white/silver sea salt
- Wright's smoked flavoring
- And a slow cooker
- Take 3-5 lbs (whatever will feed ur family) of pork butt or pork shoulder & trim SOME of the fat. Trimming off too much will take away from the flavor and moisture.
- Take a fork and poke lots of little holes in the pork.
- Sprinkle and rub in the salt all over the pork. I found the Palm Islands salt at a local Whole Food Market. Do not use regular Kosher or sea salt.
- Place the pork in a slow cooker fat side down.
- Add 3-5 capfuls of the smoke flavoring.
- Add enough water to cover half of the pork.
- For every one pound of pork, place one whole banana (sliced in half) on top of the pork.
- Set your slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.
- Halfway into cooking, add thin slices of cabbage.
- Drain the juice (or save some for your rice). Shred the pork with forks and serve with white rice!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 875g|
|Calories from Fat 147||36%|
|Total Fat 16.4g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 2.54g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 65.82g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.5g||68%|