What a great company entree! Chicken breasts top an herb cream cheese base before being wrapped in puff pastry. While they bake, toss a green salad together and serve with a white wine.
This recipe uses store bought pastry and spreadable cheese. If you're feeling adventurous, make your own puff pastry. I provided a link to a great recipe below. For the cheese spread, blend 4 ounces of softened cream cheese and your favorite herbs.
- 4 Each Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
- 1 Sheet Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 4 Oz. Container Garlic and Herb Spreadable Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Season chicken with salt and pepper if desired. Melt butter in skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned. Remove chicken, let rest until room temperature; 30 - 45 minutes. Note: This step can be prepared 24 hours in advance. Cover and refrigerate; remove and allow chicken to come to room temperature.
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minutes. Mix egg and water. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll into 14-inch square and cut into 4 (7-inch) squares. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the cheese spread in center of each square. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley and top with cooled chicken.
- Brush edges of squares with egg mixture. Fold each corner to center on top of chicken and seal edges. Place seam-side down on baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 97g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 68||43%|
|Total Fat 7.71g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4.21g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 8.48g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|