Cost per serving $1.20 view details
- 16 oz chicken breasts
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1.25 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cups peanut oil
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg and stir in the milk.
- Cube chicken into bite size pieces.
- Place chicken in milk mixture,and cover.
- Let it soak for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag combine flour, powdered sugar, salt and pepper.
- Seal and shake to combine.
- Place 2 inches of peanut oil in a deep pot.
- Over medium high heat, heat oil until hot. (test by carefully dropping a few drops of water into it - you want it to sizzle and not pop too much)
- Using tongs, remove chicken from milk mixture and place in the flour mixture.
- Seal and shake until nuggets are completely coated.
- Place part of the nuggets into hot oil and let them cook until golden brown, turning half way through. (about 1.5 minutes on each side)
- Remove and drain on a paper towel. (I cut into each one just to make sure they are fully cooked)
- Repeat until all nuggets are cooked.
- Serve with your favorite sauce. (Barbecue, ranch, honey, ketchup...)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 211g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 708||80%|
|Total Fat 79.91g||100%|
|Saturated Fat 14.81g||59%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 24.65g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|