Spaghetti sauce mixed with cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, ground beef, and pasta. Works with ground Italian sausage, or turkey, too.
Why not just prepare Hamburger Helper? Because this recipe is tastier, and you can go organic with it.
- 1 lb. ground beef, or meat of choice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 12 oz. pasta
- 1 1/2 cups favorite spaghetti sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic,chopped, or 1 tsp. dry garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dry parsley
- 1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese,
- Topping: 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack or Italian cheese blend.
- Garnish: paprika
- optional: sauteed mushrooms, sauteed bell peppers
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- 12 oz. pasta of choice, cooked al dente
- Saute the onions and garlic with the beef, drain.
- Mix with spaghetti sauce and other ingredients.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, covered. Remove from oven.
- Top with cheese and paprika, re-cover.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 281g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 205||33%|
|Total Fat 22.99g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 10.31g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 73.27g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|