Cost per serving $2.89 view details
- 1 x broiler-fryer chicken (3 1/2 lbs.), cut up
- 2/3 c. butter or possibly margarine, melted
- Â Â Salt, pepper, paprika
- 2 Tbsp. butter or possibly margarine
- 1/4 c. minced fresh parsley
- 1 c. Uncle Ben's converted rice
- 2 x (10 1/2 ounce.) cans chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 x (15 ounce.) can tomato sauce
- 1 x (4 ounce.) can sliced mushrooms, liquid removed
- 1 Tbsp. instant chopped onions
- 1 x bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Arrange chicken in one layer, skin side up, in buttered baking dish.
- Brush with some melted butter; sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, paprika. Brown in 400 degree oven for 30 min, brushing often with melted butter. Cook rice in 2 Tbsp. butter; stir frequently for even golden brown-brown color. Add in chicken broth, oregano and salt; bring to boil. Cover tightly and cook over low heat till all water is absorbed, about 25 min. During the last 5 min, stir in parsley.
- For Chicken Sauce: Combine tomato sauce, mushrooms, onions, bay leaf and oregano. Pour over chicken; cover dish tightly with foil. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake 15 to 20 min, or possibly till done.
- Serve chicken over warm rice. 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 401g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 328||60%|
|Total Fat 37.34g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 23.29g||93%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 46.79g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|