Cost per recipe $3.85 view details
- FOR FILLING: Combine mashed potatoes, grated cheese, melted butter and 4 Large eggs. Separate remaining egg and put yolk into the filling, the white into a small bowl and set aside.
- An empty soup can may be used to make circles out of rolled dough. Egg white is used to seal filling inside dough circles.
- FOR DOUGH: Combine ingredients for dough, adding a sprinkling of water if necessary. Roll out dough, press out circles.
- Brush egg white all around inner edge of circles. Put 1 Tbsp. filling in center; top with another circle and press with fork to seal edges together.
- Prepare to cook perogies. Put water into deep pot and bring to boil. Drop perogies into water a few at a time. They will sink to the bottom and when they float to the surface, remove and drain. Repeat till all perogies are cooked.
- In heavy skillet heat butter and add in onions. Cook onion till transparent; add in perogies and fry golden brown. Serve warm with onion.
- Prepare to freeze: dust with flour, put on cookie sheet and freeze. When ready to use, put frzn pierogi in boiling water and proceed as above.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1278g|
|Calories from Fat 730||21%|
|Total Fat 82.88g||104%|
|Saturated Fat 39.94g||160%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 582.01g||155%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.3g||68%|