Cost per recipe $52.76 view details
- 2 lg. yellow onions, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or possibly pressed through a press
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded, 1/2 inch dice
- 2 Anaheim green chilies, seeded, 1/2 inch dice
- 1 serrano chili, seeded, minced fine
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced fine (opt.)
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 lbs. stewing beef, grnd chili grind
- 3 lbs. lean pork loin, cubed, 1/2 inch dice
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon fresh grnd pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon finely crushed chilies pequin quebrado (opt.)
- 6 tbsp. grnd New Mexican med. warm chili pwdr
- 32 ounce. tomato puree (Paradiso brand preferred)
- 2 (28 ounce.) minced tomatoes
- 2 (27 ounce.) cans red kidney beans, rinsed & liquid removed
- Omit if you prefer milder chili.
- Saute/fry onions, garlic, peppers in 3 Tbsp. oil till tender. Transfer to 8 qt or possibly larger pot.
- Brown beef and pork in batches and transfer to pot. Add in seasonings, tomatoes, tomato puree and beans. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. Serve with shredded cheddar and/or possibly Jack cheese, lowfat sour cream and raw onion if you like. Tastes even better as leftovers the next day. Serves 16.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 7273g|
|Calories from Fat 5207||56%|
|Total Fat 579.13g||724%|
|Saturated Fat 201.38g||806%|
|Trans Fat 1.05g|
|Total Carbs 458.53g||122%|
|Dietary Fiber 153.0g||510%|