Howie's Dungeness crab, artichoke, green chili and parmesan dip was pitted against Chef Greg Alauzen's black bean dip with gold tortillas. Both men cooked at the Taste of the NFL event, "Party with a Purpose," which was held to raise money for hunger relief organizations involved in the effort to end childhood hunger in the U.S.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 cup fresh Dungeness crabmeat
- 1/3 cup Reggiano Parmigiano cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet white onions
- 3 tbsp diced roasted mild green chilies
- Pita chips, foccacia, or baguette slices
- Combine and mix together all ingredients well. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place the dip in a baking dish spread evenly over the bottom of the dish, and place in a preheated 375 degree oven.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Remove the dip from the oven, then place in the middle of a large plate or platter.
- Surround the baking dish with pita chips, foccacia or baguette slices.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 370g|
|Calories from Fat 1684||93%|
|Total Fat 190.39g||238%|
|Saturated Fat 26.17g||105%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.54g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||16%|