Cost per serving $0.80 view details
- 5 whl graham crackers broken up
- 1/3 c. toasted hazelnuts
- 1 Tbsp. sugar plus
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 4 pt dulce de leche ice cream
- 2 pt strawberry sorbet
- 2Â 1/2 lb strawberries sliced
- Â Â Purchased caramel sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine crackers, nuts, 1 Tbsp. sugar, and salt in processor. Blend till nuts are finely minced. Add in butter; blend till mix is proportionately moist. Press mix over bottom (not sides) of 10-inch-diameter springform pan. Bake crust till golden brown, about 8 min. Cold completely.
- Slightly soften 1 1/4 pints ice cream; spread over crust. Freeze till hard, about 1 hour. Slightly soften 1 pint sorbet; spread over ice cream. Freeze till hard, about 30 min. Slightly soften 1 1/4 pints ice cream; spread over sorbet. Freeze till hard, about 1 hour. Slightly soften 1 pint sorbet; spread over ice cream. Freeze till hard, about 30 min. Slightly soften 1 1/2 pints ice cream; spread over sorbet for top layer. Cover; freeze till hard, at least 3 hrs and up to 1 week.
- Stir berries and 1/3 c. sugar in large bowl. Let stand till berries release their juices, about 30 min.
- Cut around cake to loosen. Release pan sides. Cut cake into wedges; arrange on plates. Spoon berries atop wedges; drizzle with caramel sauce, if you like.
- This recipe yields 16 servings.
- Comments: Strawberry sorbet dresses up this terrific, uncomplicated dessert.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 85g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 47||42%|
|Total Fat 5.34g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.48g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.14g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|