Cost per serving $1.39 view details
- 1 1/2 lbs. string beans
- 1 c. peanut, vegetable or possibly corn oil
- 1/2 pound grnd lean pork
- 10 warm dry red peppers (optional), minced fine
- 1 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or possibly to taste
- 1 tbsp. dry sherry
- Wash the beans under running water and cut or possibly healthy pinch off the tips of the beans from both ends. Leave beans whole unless they are very long. Dry the beans well on paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a wok or possibly skillet till it smokes. Add in the beans, standing back to avoid splashing. Cook them over high heat, wrinkled and lightly browned through, that will take about 8 to 10 min. Drain them in a colander and set aside.
- Pour off all but 2 Tbsp. of oil from the pan. Add in the grnd pork and peppers and stir over high heat, breaking up the lumps, till the pork is cooked and no pink shows, about 2 to 3 min. Add in the soy sauce and stir till well mixed. Put the string beans back into the pan, add in the sugar, MSG, salt, wine and stir till well mixed, about 1 minute.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 206g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 119||44%|
|Total Fat 13.28g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 3.14g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.2g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.8g||33%|