Patricia...this double dose of chocolate with walnuts would be the perfect addition to my holiday platter. Thanks ;o)
Deep rich chocolate flavor. Double backed and great for dunking into hot chocolate or a chocolate flavored liquor.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Servings: 30 biscotti
Cost per serving $0.22 view details
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. and butter and flour a large baking sheet.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined well. Stir in flour mixture to form a stiff dough. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- On prepared baking sheet with floured hands form dough into two slightly flattened logs, each 12 inches long and 2 inches wide, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Bake logs 35 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch. Cool biscotti on baking sheet 5 minutes.
- On a cutting board cut biscotti diagonally into 3/4-inch slices. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes. Cool biscotti on a rack. Biscotti keep in airtight containers 1 week and frozen, 1 month.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 29g|
|Recipe makes 30 servings|
|Calories from Fat 46||38%|
|Total Fat 5.24g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.46g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.85g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|