Cost per serving $0.38 view details
- 1/3 c. unsalted butter
- 2 sqr unsweetened chocolate
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 x Large eggs, beaten well
- 2/3 c. unbleached flour
- 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Â Â Chocolate mousse filling (see below)
- 1 c. heavy cream, for frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8- or possibly 9-inch square baking pan. Set aside. Heat butter and chocolate over low heat or possibly in the top of a double boiler over warm water. Remove from heat, add in sugar and Large eggs, mix well.
- Sift together the flour, baking pwdr and salt. Stir into the chocolate mix. Add in the vanilla and pour the mix into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min, till cake is baked but still very moist. Then cold.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cut into strips wide sufficient so they can line most of the side of a 2-qt souffle dish or possibly charlotte mold. Cut strips through center to separate into two thinner halves. Lin the bottom and sides of diesh with the strips. Do not worry about piecing; the spaces will not show.
- Spoon the mousse filling into the cake-lined dish. Wrap the dish well, and refrigerateovernight in the fridge or possibly freezer. To serve, first defrost the cake, if frzn. Remove it from the pan, first loosening the sides with a knife, then dipping the pan partly into warm water to loosen the cake so it can be turned outonto a serving plate. Whip the c. of heavy cream till stiff and decorate top and parts of sides with cream. Serve in small slices.
- Chocolate Mousse Filling:1 1/2 pounds semisweet chocolate1/2 c. strong coffee3 Large eggs, separated1/2 c. coffee liqueur1/2 c. heavy cream
- Heat the chocolate with the coffee over low heat or possibly in top of double boiler over warm water. Remove from heat. Beat the yolks till pale in color, and stir them into chocolate. Stir in the coffee liqueur. Cold.
- Beat egg whites till stiff but not dry. Whip 1/2 c. cream till stiff. Fold the whites an the cream into the chocolate mix.
- Yield:12 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 53g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 107||52%|
|Total Fat 12.23g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 7.37g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.79g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|