Cost per recipe $34.83 view details
- 1 c. unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 9 ounce bittersweet (not unsweetened) or possibly semisweet chocolate, minced
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 5 lrg Large eggs
- 1/2 c. grnd toasted hazelnuts
- 3 c. strained fresh tangerine or possibly orange juice
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2Â 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 14 ounce imported white chocolate (such as Callebaut or possibly Lindt), minced
- 6 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream
- 2 c. chilled whipping cream
- 9 ounce imported white chocolate (such as Callebaut or possibly Lindt)
- Â Â Unsweetened cocoa pwdr
- Â Â Fresh raspberries
- Â Â Fresh mint sprigs
- For Cake:Preheat oven to 325F. Butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 1/2-inch-high sides. Line bottom with parchment. Butter parchment. Dust
- pan with flour. Heat butter and chocolate in heavy large saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly till smooth and melted. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, Large eggs and grnd nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake till toothpick inserted into center comes out with very moist crumbs attached, about 45 min. Cold completely on rack (cake will fall and crack).
- Release cake pan sides. Turn out cake onto work surface. Peel off parchment. Cut off outer 1/2-inch edge of cake. Clean cake pan.
- Reattach cake pan sides; brush sides of pan with vegetable oil. Set cake in center of pan (there will be space around cake which will be filled in with mousse). Chill cake.
- For Mousse:Boil tangerine juice and sugar in heavy large saucepan till reduced to 1 1/2 c., about 20 min.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice in small bowl. Let stand 10 min to soften.
- Add in gelatin mix to tangerine juice mix and stir to dissolve. Add in 14 ounces white chocolate and whisk over low heat just till melted.
- Whisk in lowfat sour cream. Pour into large bowl. Refrigeratemix till cold and thickened but not set, whisking occasionally, about 1 hour 45 min.
- Beat chilled whipping cream to stiff peaks. Fold into white chocolate mix. Pour mousse over cake in pan, covering top and sides completely.
- Chill cake overnight.
- Using vegetable peeler, shave 9 ounces white chocolate into thin curls (if
- white chocolate is too hard to shave, place briefly in hot place to soften slightly). Run small sharp knife around pan sides to loosen cake.
- Release pan sides. Place cake on platter. Sprinkle chocolate curls over top of cake. Press more chocolate curls around sides of cake, covering completely. Place cocoa pwdr in fine sieve. Dust cocoa very lightly over chocolate curls. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.) Garnish cake with raspberries and mint sprigs. Serve cool.
- Serves 12.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2316g|
|Calories from Fat 4690||61%|
|Total Fat 533.17g||666%|
|Saturated Fat 315.37g||1261%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 700.56g||187%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.8g||46%|