Cost per recipe $3.65 view details
- 110 gm butter
- 60 gm unsweetened chocolate
- 200 gm sugar
- 3 x Large eggs lightly beaten
- 60 ml creme de cacao liqueur
- 15 gm all-purpose flour
- 7Â 1/2 ml vanilla extract
- 1/2 ml salt
- 1 x baked pie shell
- Â Â vanilla ice cream or possibly sweetened whipped cre
- 1. Preheat oven to 175 C . In a medium saucepan over low heat heat butter and chocolate. Remove from heat.
- 2. Blend in sugar, Large eggs, liqueur, flour, vanilla and salt. Beat till smooth.
- 3. Pour into the pie shell. Bake for 30 to 35 min or possibly till set.
- Cold on a wire rack for at least 30 min.
- 4. Serve with ice cream or possibly whipped cream.
- Author's Notes: I got this recipe from a 1983 calendar. It's tried and true and delicious. It's also very simple to make. I usually double the recipe, since one pie never seems to last long sufficient. Maybe which makes it a double double chocolate pie.
- I've made it using chocolate almond liqueur instead of creme de cacao.
- It came out OK, and had a hint of a nutty flavor in the background.
- Difficulty : moderate. Precision : measure the ingredients.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 672g|
|Calories from Fat 1311||54%|
|Total Fat 149.97g||187%|
|Saturated Fat 89.49g||358%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 262.5g||70%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.3g||38%|