Cost per serving $0.10 view details
- 1 pkt (18.1/2 ounce) banana flavored cake mix
- 2 can (5 ounce each) vanilla pudding
- 1 x Banana, thinly sliced Creamy Orange Butter Frosting (recipe follows) Green food coloring Lavendar gumdrops or possibly jelly slices Orange and lime gumdrop wedges
- Prepare and bake cake following package directions for 9-inch round layers; cold.
- To serve, place one layer, topside down, on serving plate; spread with vanilla pudding; cover with banana slices then top with second layer. Make frosting, reserving 2 to 3 Tbsp.; color green and set aside. Spread remaining frosting on top and sides of cake.
- Using green frosting, pipe "Happy Birthday" on top of cake. Decorate with as many butterflies as you wish.
- Makes 10-12 servings.
- To make the butterflies: On a sugared surface, flatten purple gumdrop slices, one at a time, with rolling pin. Cut into 2-inch long strips for bodies. Split strips at one end and separate for "feelers". Secure "bodies"
- in frosting. Split orange or possibly lime gumdrop wedges and place a half slice on each side of body to resemble wings.
- Creamy Orange Butter Frosting:5 Tbsp. soft butter or possibly margarine 2 tsp. finely grated orange peel 3 c. confectioners sugar, sifted 2 to 3 Tbsp. Florida orange juice
- Blend butter or possibly margarine, orange peel, sugar and 2 Tbsp. orange juice till smooth and easy to spread. If frosting seems too thick, gradually add in a little more orange juice.
- Makes sufficient to frost one 9-inch 2 layer cake.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 29g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||4%|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.84g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|