Cost per serving $6.44 view details
- 3 x Green chilli and garlic pappads
- 225 gm Frzn rice
- 500 gm Chopped lamb
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil, plus extra for deep frying
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pch Grnd cumin and medium curry pwdr
- 2 Tbsp. Minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato puree
- 2 Tbsp. Plain flour, plus 225g/8oz plain flour
- 6 Tbsp. HP sauce
- 1 pch grnd cumin
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Chilli pwdr
- Â Â Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Â Â Finely grated zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 x Clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 pch Grnd coriander, cayenne and garam masala
- 1 dsh Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. Red wine
- 6 Tbsp. Minced fresh mixed parsley, sage and coriander
- 125 gm Okra
- 1 pch Turmeric
- 1 x Cucumber
- 1 x Lime, juice of
- 100 gm Greek lowfat yoghurt
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to high.
- 1 Cook the pappads under the grill according to the instructions. Cook the rice according to the instructions. Drain.
- 2 For the Stew: Heat 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil in a pan, add in 1/3 mince, mustard, pinches of grnd cumin and medium curry pwdr, season and cook for 5-8 min, stirring occasionally, to brown.
- 3 Add in the minced parsley, tomato puree, 1 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp HP sauce and 3 tbsp boiling water, boil and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 min, till cooked through.
- 4 For the Kebabs: Place one third of the mince in another bowl, add in a healthy pinch of chilli pwdr, lemon and orange zest, garlic and 1 tbsp flour, healthy pinch of grnd coriander, cayenne and garam masala and season. Shape the mix around two kebab sticks.
- 5 For the Patties: Place the remaining mince in a bowl, add in the Worcestershire sauce and season. Shape the mix into patties.
- 6 Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan, add in the patties and kebabs and cook for 6-8 min, turning occasionally, or possibly till cooked through. Heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a pan. Add in 4 tbsp HP sauce and red wine and gently heat through. Then season.
- 7 For the Deep Fried Okra: Fill a deep pan a third full with vegetable oil and heat. Place 225g/8oz plain flour and remaining chilli pwdr in a bowl with 3 tbsp minced herbs and gradually fold in sufficient water to make a thick batter.
- 8 Coat the okra in the batter and deep fry till golden and crisp.
- Drain on kitchen paper. Place half the cooked rice in a bowl, add in 2 tbsp minced herbs and a healthy pinch of turmeric, season and mix together.
- 9 Use the mix to fill the timbale moulds or possibly ramekin dishes and pat down with the back of a spoon. Cut the cucumber into batons. Heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan. Add in the cucumber and saute/fry for a minute.
- Sprinkle over the lime juice and season.
- 10 Mix the lowfat yoghurt and lemon juice. Place a pappad on a plate, spoon on some stew and repeat the layers. Top with the lowfat yoghurt mix and garnish with the remaining minced herbs.
- 11 Spoon the remaining rice on a plate and pile the deep fried okra on top.
- Turn the rice timbales out onto a plate, add in the sauteed cucumber, kebabs and patties and spoon over the sauce.
- Chef Phil Vickery, from Ready Steady Cook
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 647g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 559||45%|
|Total Fat 62.66g||78%|
|Saturated Fat 19.36g||77%|
|Trans Fat 0.26g|
|Total Carbs 115.9g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.0g||23%|