Cost per recipe $1.64 view details
- 1 can (large) tomatoes, liquid removed (you may use fresh, but suprisingly it works better with canned)
- 1 x Onion, chopped
- 1 bn Green onions, chopped
- 1 x Garlic cloves, chopped (up to 2)
- 1/4 bn Cilantro (guessing here), chopped
- Â Â Jalapeno or possibly serrano chiles, to taste (I'm a light-weight and use one serrano, warm! The rest of my family likes 2)
- 1 dsh Vinegar
- This was given to me by the manager of our local Don Jose's Restaurant on the occasion of one of my daughter's birthdays. This is her absolute favorite salsa (mine too!) We have enjoyed their food 12 years now and their salsa has never missed!
- The recipe is loose, but you'll manage just fine by taste.
- Don Jose's chefs hand-chop everything, but I manage just fine with my Braun hand-held emulsifier - even with the garlic. Leave some tomatoes a bit chunky. My suggestion would be to use an electric chopper but do the garlic by hand to avoid a "metallic" taste. The key is in the amount of onions you use -lots!
- A most excellent recipe.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 212g|
|Calories from Fat 3||4%|
|Total Fat 0.38g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.08g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.94g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|