Cost per recipe $1.33 view details
- To make the syrup
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Â½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- For Egg Whites
- 8 ounces (1 cup) egg whites
- Â¼ teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Dominican vanilla (if you don't have vanilla Dominican use 1 tablespoon of the one you have).
- 1. In your mixer bring in egg whites, tablespoon sugar, vanilla and cream of tartar. SET ASIDE. DO NOT START YOUR MIXER YET.
- 2. Combine sugar, water and lemon juice and stir well.
- 3. In a medium saucepan, bring the water mixture to a boil over high heat. Use a candy thermometer to let you know when the boiling mixture reaches 220 degrees. When the thermometer reaches 220 degrees, start your mixer and start mixing the egg whites, the tablespoon of sugar, vanilla, and the cream of tartar. When the thermometer reaches 230 degrees that means that the syrup is ready.
- 4. Remove the syrup from the stove very slowly and careful not to burn yourself, and pour into the beating egg whites. Beat until the exterior of your mixer is cool to the touch. The more you beat the frosting the harder and a more solid consistency it will acquired. Frost your cake!
- If you do not have a sugar thermometer, you can check if the syrup is ready in two ways.
- 1. Insert a clean spoon in the boiling syrup; pull it out and up to see if the syrup that is dripping from the spoon forms a fine thread. If it does, then the syrup is ready. If it doesnât let it boil a little bit longer and then try again until you are able to see a fine thread when you pull the spoon away.
- 2. Another way to see if the syrup is ready is to cold water on a plate. Spoon out a little bit of the syrup and drop it in the water of the plate. If the syrup forms a ball, thatâs an indication that it is ready. If itâs not ready, continue doing the same process until it forms a ball.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 780g|
|Calories from Fat 6||0%|
|Total Fat 0.65g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.15g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 414.78g||111%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|