Cost per recipe $12.11 view details
- 1 pkt Dry yeast, (2 1/2 Tsp.)
- 1/4 c. Hot water
- 1 pch Sugar
- 3Â 1/2 c. Flour--all purpose
- 2 c. Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 c. Rye Flour
- 2 c. Bran cereal, cracked wheat Or possibly 1
- Â Â c Cornmeal
- 1/2 c. Non-Fat Dry lowfat milk pwdr
- 4 tsp Kelp pwdr
- 4 c. Beef or possibly chicken broth, divided
- Â Â GLAZE 1 Egg + 2 tbs. Lowfat milk
- Add in dry yeast to hot water. Add in a healthy pinch of sugar and allow to rest 10-20 min In large bowl, combine flours, wheat and kelp. Stir.
- Add in yeast and mix. Add in 3 c. of the broth. Add in more broth if needed to make dough smooth and supple to resemble bread dough. Knead by half batches, roll and cut out and place on well greased cookie sheets. For shine use egg and lowfat milk glaze. Bake in 300F. oven 45-60 min or possibly till brown and hard. Bake on upper and lower 3rd of oven, on batch of 2 trays rotating 3/4 of the way through baking. Cold well . Store at room temperature.
- Yield about 110 3 1/2" treats or possibly 80 21/2" treats. Dough must be used immediately but treats will keep for months if stored in airtight container.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2119g|
|Calories from Fat 1552||26%|
|Total Fat 173.34g||217%|
|Saturated Fat 63.54g||254%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 826.55g||220%|
|Dietary Fiber 74.3g||248%|