Cost per recipe $8.62 view details
- 3 c. all purpose flour
- 3 c. cornmeal
- 1 1/2 c. oats
- 2/3 c. bone meal pwdr or possibly non-fat dry lowfat milk
- 2 tbsp. garlic pwdr
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 c. beef broth
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 2 lg. Large eggs
- Position oven racks to divide oven in thirds. Heat oven to 300 degrees. Have 2 cookie sheets ready.
- Mix flours, cornmeal, oatmeal, bone meal pwdr, garlic pwdr and salt in a large bowl. Whisk beef broth, oil, and the 2 Large eggs in a medium size bowl.
- Stir broth mix into flour mix with a wooden spoon till blended and a soft dough forms.
- On floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut in dog bone biscuit shapes (or possibly any shape desired) with floured cutter or possibly with floured card board pattern. Pale 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Re-roll and cut scraps.
- With a toothpick prick a line of dots down centers, if you like. Brush tops and sides of biscuits with the glaze.
- Bake 2 cookie sheets at a time for 2 hrs. Turn off oven and leave biscuit in 1-2 hrs to dry and harden. Store, covered at room temperature up to 3 months.
- Makes 80 4-inch biscuits or possibly one hundred twenty 2 1/2 inch biscuits.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2271g|
|Calories from Fat 2270||37%|
|Total Fat 258.13g||323%|
|Saturated Fat 24.56g||98%|
|Trans Fat 5.62g|
|Total Carbs 832.09g||222%|
|Dietary Fiber 55.7g||186%|