Docinhos (sweets) are a great informal and sociable way to end your Brazilian meal. This is also a really nice easy recipe! In Brazil, these sweet, truffle-like treats are often eaten at weddings, birthdays and other special occasions but I reckon that they suit every occasion.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 225g finely chopped walnuts
- 2tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2-3tbsp of hot chocolate powder
- In a saucepan, mix the chocolate powder, nuts, condensed milk and butter on a low heat. Stir constantly until the mixture has become transluscent and then keep stirring for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the mixture onto a plate and let it cool fully before handling. It's best to leave it in a cupboard over night.
- When cooled, butter your fingers and form little balls out of the mixture. Garnish with roughly chopped walnuts.