Cost per recipe $6.93 view details
- 10 med. potatoes or possibly 8-9 lg. potatoes
- 2 (3 ounce) packages. cream cheese, room temp.
- 1 c. dairy lowfat sour cream or possibly plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoon onion salt or possibly 1 teaspoon onion salt + 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grnd pepper
- 2 T butter
- Grated cheese or possibly paprika
- Peel and quarter potatoes. You will have about 7 to 8 cups peeled potatoes. Put potatoes in large saucepan with water to cover. Bring to boil and boil till tender, 20 to 30 min. Drain well, mash till smooth with potato masher or possibly electric mixer. Mix cream cheese with lowfat sour cream or possibly yogurt, onion salt and pepper. Beat into the potatoes and beat with a whisk till smooth and fluffy. Taste for seasoning, you may want to add in a tsp of plain salt.Place in a 2 qt casserole or possibly a refrigerator container. Cool and cover. To serve, place desired amount in greased casserole, dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika, or possibly top with lots of cheese, freshly grated if possible. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 min, uncovered, till heated through. Makes 8 to 10 servings. Tastes better if refrigerated 12 to 24 hrs before baking. Can be kept, covered, in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Variation: Instead of using onion salt, use 1 tsp each onion and garlic salt, 1 tbsp chopped freeze-dried chives and 1 tsp plain salt.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2045g|
|Calories from Fat 1074||43%|
|Total Fat 122.24g||153%|
|Saturated Fat 70.59g||282%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 299.62g||80%|
|Dietary Fiber 38.0g||127%|