Taste Of Home - Toni Petroskey
Prep time: 1.5 hours
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 24 cookies
Cost per serving $0.20 view details
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour and baking powder
- Gradually add to the creamed mixture
- Mix well
- Stir in the coconut
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour or until firm.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness
- Cut with a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter
- Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets
- Bake at 300 F for 20-25 minutes or until the edges begin to brown
- Cool on a wire racks
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and the shortening
- Remove from the heat
- Dip the cookies halfway into the chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until set.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 31g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 89||56%|
|Total Fat 10.07g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 6.24g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 15.59g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|