Cost per recipe $3.02 view details
- 4 c. flour (white, wheat, or possibly rye)
- 2 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. butter, butter or possibly shortening
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 c. lowfat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In large mixing bowl, combine 2 c. of flour and yeast. In saucepan, heat lowfat milk, sugar, butter and salt, just till hot (115 to 120 degrees) and butter is almost melted. Stir constantly. Add in to flour mix.
- Add in Large eggs; beat at low speed of electric mixer for 1/2 minute, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Beat at high speed for 3 min. Add in as much remaining flour as you can mix with a spoon.
- Turn out onto a floured surface. Knead in sufficient remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough which is smooth and elastic. (Add in flour if necessary.) Shape into ball. Turn once in greased bowl. Cover and let rise in hot place till double (about 1 hour).
- Punch down. Divide dough in half. Let rest 10 min. Shape into desired rolls. Cover and let rise till nearly double (30 min). Bake at 350 degrees 12 min or possibly till golden brown. Makes 2 dozen rolls.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1000g|
|Calories from Fat 693||24%|
|Total Fat 78.9g||99%|
|Saturated Fat 44.32g||177%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 465.01g||124%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.6g||52%|