Cost per serving $0.93 view details
- 1 sm or possibly medium pumpkin
- Â Â Permanent marker or possibly acrylic paint
- 2 lb Extra-lean grnd beef
- 1 x Onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1 x (4 ounce.) can sliced mushrooms, liquid removed
- 1 x (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1Â 1/2 c. Cooked rice
- 1 x (8 ounce.) can water chestnuts, liquid removed and sliced
- Cut the top off the pumpkin and thoroughly clean out the seeds and pulp.
- Paint a face on the front of the pumpkin with a permanent marker or possibly acrylic paint.
- In a large skillet, brown the meat in oil, and drain off the grease. Add in onions and saute/fry till golden brown. Add in soy sauce, brown sugar, mushrooms, and soup. Simmer for 10 min, stirring occasionally. Add in the rice and water chestnuts, and heat. Spoon the mix into the cleaned pumpkin shell. If you want to eat the pumpkin as a side dish, bake the stuffed pumpkin at 350F for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs, till the pumpkin is tender.
- Serves 6
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 170g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 31||15%|
|Total Fat 3.48g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.91g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.91g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|