Cost per recipe $2.93 view details
- Â Â a 1/4-oz package (2 1/2 tsp.) active dry yeast
- 2Â 1/2 x 1/4 c. all-purpose flour up to 3
- 1 c. creamed cottage cheese
- 1 lrg egg beaten lightly
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. dill seeds
- 1/4 c. finely minced walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1Â 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted and cooled , about
- In a large bowl proof the yeast in 1/2 c. lukewarm water for 5 min, or possibly till it is foamy. Add in 1 c. of the flour, the cottage cheese, the egg, the dill, the dill seeds, the walnuts, the zest, and the salt and beat the mix with a wooden spoon till it is combined well. Stir in 1
- 1/2 c. of the remaining flour, 1/2 c. at a time, and beat the mix with the spoon till it is combined well. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it for 8 to 10 min, incorporating sufficient of the remaining 3/4 c. flour, if necessary, to create a soft, slightly sticky
- dough. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, turning it to coat it with the oil, and let it rise, covered with plastic wrap, in a hot place for 1
- 1/2 hrs, or possibly till it is double in bulk.
- Stir down the dough, halve it, and on a lightly floured surface roll each half into a rope about 1 inch in diameter. Cut each rope into 24 pcs with a sharp knife and form the pcs into balls. Put 3 balls of dough into each of 16 buttered 1/3-c. muffin tins, brush them with the melted butter, and let the rolls rise, uncovered, in a hot place for 45 min to 1 hour, or possibly till they are almost double in bulk. Bake the rolls in the
- middle of a preheated 400F. oven for 18 to 20 min, or possibly till they are golden brown. The rolls may be made 1 week in advance and kept wrapped tightly and frzn. Reheat the rolls, wrapped in foil, in a preheated 400F. oven
- for 25 to 30 min, or possibly till they are heated through.
- Makes 16 rolls.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 401g|
|Calories from Fat 412||47%|
|Total Fat 47.3g||59%|
|Saturated Fat 20.71g||83%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 73.57g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.0g||17%|