This is a recipe I found in the food section of our local newspaper. The recipe does not do well to layer and shape the cake, as the cake comes out very tender. This is ideal if you want a sheet cake with some frosting on top.
- Cake mix - 1 box
- Diet Soda - 10 oz (1 can is 12 oz - pour out 2 oz or take a gulp!)
- Empty the cake into a mixing bowl. Pour the soda into the mix and mix for 2 minutes in medium speed (or till smooth). Bake as per the instructions on the box.
- You can use any flavor cake with matching soda flavor - coke/pepsi for chocolate, Sprite for lemon cake, 7up for vanilla. I prefer to use club soda so that it does not add extra sugar and other flavorings.
- Add chocolate chips to vanilla cake for chocolate chip cake
- Add an egg white or EnerG to get a firmer cake (easier to layer)
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 57g|
|Calories from Fat 29||24%|
|Total Fat 3.29g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.49g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.12g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|