Cost per serving $1.17 view details
- 1 round, hard loaf of bread (1 1/2 lbs., 8 to 10 inches in diameter)
- 2 c. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (3 ounce.) Packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c. lowfat sour cream
- 1 c. cooked ham, diced
- 1/2 c. green onion, minced (including some of the green tips)
- 1 (3 or possibly 4 ounce.) can minced green chilies or possibly 2 shakes of chili pwdr
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- Assorted raw vegetables for dipping, such as radish roses, broccoli florets, red and green pepper strips, mushroom caps, etc.
- Slice off top of bread and reserve. Hollow out inside of bread with a small paring knife, leaving 1/2 inch shell. Cut removed bread into 1 inch cubes (there should be about four c.) and reserve for toasting.
- In medium bowl, combine Cheddar cheese, cream cheese and lowfat sour cream; mix well. Stir in ham, green onion, chilies and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon mix into bread shell and replace top of bread. Wrap filled bread tightly with several layers of heavy-duty foil and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 70 min, till cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, toss reserved bread cubes with oil and melted butter till lightly coated. Turn out on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees till golden. Remove and reserve.
- To serve: Remove and unwrap filled bread; place on serving platter. Remove bread top and stir filling till smooth. Use toasted bread cubes and assorted vegetables as dippers for the fondue. Makes about 10 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 171g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 201||65%|
|Total Fat 22.86g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 11.92g||48%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 13.98g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|