Cost per recipe $6.34 view details
- 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 chicken legs (drumsticks and thighs) (I used 10 pieces of cut chicken
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 cups cilantro, leaves and stems, chopped
- 3 hot green chilies, chopped (I used 2)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt, lightly beaten
- Blend the ginger, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of water in a blender until smooth.
- Marinade the chicken with the above mixture and set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Add the tomato, coriander, chilies, tomato paste, the rest of the salt, and water to the blender, and puree until smooth.
- Pour the oil into a large non-stick pot over high heat. Add the chicken and the marinade to the pot. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Then pour in the tomato mixture. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the fat separates from the sauce.
- Finally add the yogurt and stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low, cover the pot, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 667g|
|Calories from Fat 515||69%|
|Total Fat 58.17g||73%|
|Saturated Fat 13.33g||53%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 33.74g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|