Cost per serving $1.12 view details
- 16 x Fresh oysters, shucked, reserve 8 shells
- 1/4 c. Chopped shallots
- 3 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 1/4 c. Cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2 Tbsp. Minced thyme
- 2 Tbsp. Minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Cracked black pepper
- 1/4 c. Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 x Hard boiled Large eggs, minced fine, yolks & whites separated, also keep each egg separate
- 1/4 c. Bread crumbs, (1/4 to 1/2) *see Note
- 1 tsp Tabasco pepper butter sauce, see recipe
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce Salt and lemon juice, to taste Parsley sprigs, for garnish Sour Mango Slaw, see recipe Tabasco Pepper Butter Sauce, see recipe
- Preheat broiler.
- After oysters are shucked reserve the juice and place in a larger mixing bowl. Chop the oysters, basically cutting each oyster into four pcs. Add in to oyster juice in mixing bowl with remaining ingredients, reserving one hard boiled egg for garnish. Mix well and season with salt and lemon juice.
- Divide deviled oyster mix among the 8 reserved oyster shells. Place oysters on baking sheet and place under broiler. Broil 4 to 5 min or possibly till well browned on top. Remove from oven.
- Place 2 oyster shells on each plate. Pile sour mango slaw next to oysters.
- Drizzle with Tabasco pepper butter sauce. Garnish with parsley sprig and reserved minced Large eggs. Serve.
- NOTE: Start with 1/4 c. bread crumbs. If oysters are especially juicy, you need to add in up to another 1/4 c. bread crumbs.
- Original title: DEVILED OYSTERS WITH SOUR MANGO SLAW AND TABASCO PEPPER BUTTER SAUCE
- Yield: 4 servings HOME ENTERTAINING WITH DEAN FEARING SHOW #HE1A13 WINE TASTING
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 141g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 199||68%|
|Total Fat 22.35g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 4.95g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.07g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|