Cost per serving $0.26 view details
- 6 x hard boiled Large eggs
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise plus 1 Tbsp., if needed
- 1 tsp Dijon or possibly French's Mild Prepared Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. sweet minced pickles, liquid removed well
- 1/2 tsp table Salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp onion pwdr or possibly Onion Magic (available in supermarket spice/herb sections) Paprika, for sprinkling
- 6 x Spanish Olives cut in half (optional)
- Place 6 fresh Large eggs in a 3 qt boiler. Add in cool water to cover plus 1 1/2 tsp. table salt. Bring to a boil and boil for a period of 5 to 6 min boiling time. Turn burner off. Take boiler of Large eggs to the sink. Turn cool tap water on and fill boiler, letting it overflow. Let run till water and pot are cold. With Large eggs underwater, crack them all over, being especially sure to crack the rounded end of the Large eggs well. While still underwater, beginning at the rounded end of the egg, remove shells. Sometimes most of the shell will come off easily if you can slide off the thin membrane which is just under the shell with the shell attached. Try it. This makes shelling the Large eggs much quicker and easier.
- Remove Large eggs from water. Drain. Cut Large eggs in half, lengthwise. Remove yolks
- (sometimes a small spoon helps). Place yolks in a bowl. Place the whites on a serving dish, cut side up.
- Mash the yolks thoroughly with a fork. Add in rest of ingredients (except whites of Large eggs and paprika). Mix yolk mix well. Fill a small spoon with the yolk mix and place it in the egg whites. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Press 1/2 of a Spanish Olive in the top of each, if you like (Optional). Cover dish with plastic wrap. Chill till thoroughly chilled.
- Notes: This also makes great Egg Salad for Sandwiches, if Large eggs are minced and mixed with ingredients. Spread inside of 8 bread slices with added mayonnaise.
- Makes sandwiches.
- Also useful in potato salad or possibly pasta salad.
- Serves 6 persons - 1 egg each (2 halves)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 61g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 164||87%|
|Total Fat 18.21g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 3.31g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.83g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|