Cost per recipe $1.05 view details
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 4 tbs. chilled unsalted butter
- 4 tbs. chilled Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3- 4 tbs. ice water
- Add the salt and sugar to the flour in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter and shortening with a pastry cutter or fork.
- Work dough until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Drizzle in 3 tbs. ice water, add another, if needed, to form the dough into a ball.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, or more.
- Roll out dough working from the center outwards.
- Roll to a diameter of 11 inches.
- Place dough in pie pan, trim edges. Press dough edges into desired shape.
- To pre-bake, turn oven to 375F.
- Poke holes in the dough with a fork, or place dry beans in the bottom.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 176g|
|Calories from Fat 810||96%|
|Total Fat 92.14g||115%|
|Saturated Fat 58.36g||233%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.47g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|