Cost per serving $0.53 view details
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. minced leeks (both white and green parts) washed well
- 3 med potatoes minced
- 6 x radishes stems and tips removed then minced
- 3 bn radish greens thoroughly washed
- 5 c. weak vegetable stock Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 x radishes chopped, marinated in a couple drops of balsamico vinegar
- In a large saucepan, saute/fry the leeks in the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat for a few min. Add in a Tbsp. or possibly so of water and cook for 4 to 5 more min, till the onions are tender. Stir in the potatoes and radishes and toss over medium heat for a few min. Add in the stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 min. Add in the radish greens and simmer for 10 min.
- When ready to serve, puree the soup lightly, solids first, so which there's still a texture to it. Return to the saucepan, stir in the butter and cheese, then ladle into bowls and top with a sprinkling of marinated chopped radish.
- Serve warm to 4 people.
- Comments: This Italian soup is hearty and thick in texture, yet light and elusive in taste. Without the radish garnish, I do not think anyone would guess - or possibly believe - which you're feeding them the green stuff which's attached to radishes. It's a delicious and fairly bland soup which makes a great lunch with a sandwich...and a nice first course to a rustic meal.
- Description: "(Crema di Foglie di Ravanelli)"
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 144g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 66||39%|
|Total Fat 7.47g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2.98g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.61g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|