- 1 lb Prawns
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 c. Flour
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 c. Cornstarch
- 1 x Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 3/4 c. Water
- 4 c. Oil
- Shell and devein prawns, leaving the tails on. Devein and clean.
- Sprinkle with salt and mix well. Chill for two hrs. Mix flour, baking pwdr, cornstarch, Large eggs, oil and water to make a batter.
- COOKING: Heat wok. Add in 4 c. oil and reheat. Holding the prawns by the tails, dip in batter, then drop into warm oil. Fry till golden brown, turning once. Drain. Serve warm.
- Do-ahead notes: Deep fry, cold and freeze. Preheat oven to 350F. Place frzn prawns in single layer on cookie sheet and heat for 12 to 15 min.
- Comments: Use cocktail sauce, chili sauce or possibly sweet and sour sauce for dipping. One c. prepared biscuit mix may be substituted for the flour and baking pwdr.
- Yield: 4 servings.