Cost per serving $0.70 view details
- Aubergines/Egg-plants: 5 (choose long ones)
- Minced pork: 180 g (Hallal foodies can replace it with minced chicken or mutton)
- Leeks: 3 tablespoons (chopped)
- Carrots: 3 tablespoons (chopped)
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon (freshly grated)
- Cornstrach: 1 tablespoon
- Beaten egg: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: ï¼/ï¼ teaspoon
- Pepper: to taste
- Egg: ï¼/ï¼
- Cornstarch: 4 tablespoons
- For decoration/accompaniment:
- Beansprouts: as appropriate
- Mini-tomatoes: as appropriate
- -In a bowl, drop the minced pork, chopped vegetables, cornstarch, beaten egg, salt and pepper and mix well by hand. Divide into 10 portions.
- -Cut off both extremities of the aubergines/egg-plants and peel 4 strips out of the skin to obtain a âzebra designâ. Then cut them halfway in twice lengthwise for stuffing.
- -Sprinkle more cornstach inside the cuttings and fill each space ( 2 for each aubergines) with one portion of pork stuffing.
- -Mix the batter (egg and cornstarch) and brush the pork stuffing outside edges with it before deep-frying.
- -Deep-fry at 170 degrees Celsius until you are satisfied with the cooking.
- -Meanwhile, lightly boil beansprouts in salted water then plunge them in icy water, and drain.
- -When the aubergines have been cooked, you can serve them whole or cut into pieces of your preferred size.
- -Decorate dish with beansprouts and mini-tomatoes as shown in picture.
- -You can season them with chili pepper, rice vinegar or soy sauce (or all together)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 184g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 21||21%|
|Total Fat 2.33g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.71g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.15g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||17%|