Cost per recipe $4.46 view details
- 12 whl pickled or possibly fresh jalapeno poppers
- 1 x 8-oz package cream cheese
- 1/2 c. All purpose flour, about
- 1 c. Buttermilk
- 1 c. Seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 c. Peanut oil Ranch Dressing and tortilla chips
- If using fresh chilies, wear rubber gloves because the oils can cause a burning sensation on your skin.
- Stem, halve and remove seeds from the jalapenos.
- Cut the cream cheese block into 24 pcs (8 by 3) and press a piece into each halapeno half.
- Roll peppers in the flour, then soak in the buttermilk for 1 minute. Coat each generously with the bread crumbs. Place in refrigerator for at least 10 min to chill.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over high heat till very warm but not smokin.
- Carefully slide the prepared jalapenos into oil and deep fry till brown and crispy, about 40 seconds. Do this in two batches so the jalapenos are not crowded.
- Remove from oil with slotted spoon and pat with paper towels.
- Serve with Ranch dressing and tortilla chips.
- Makes 4 servings (6 small jalapeno halves each).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 642g|
|Calories from Fat 757||50%|
|Total Fat 86.15g||108%|
|Saturated Fat 46.49g||186%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 146.4g||39%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||22%|