Cost per recipe $1.45 view details
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. sliced carrots and mushrooms
- 1/2 c. each onion and celery
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 Packages instant chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 8 ounce. chicken, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry season and pepper
- 2 ready to bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits cut into 6 wedges
- Oven 375 degrees. Spray two 1 3/4 c. casseroles with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In 1 qt saucepan heat butter till bubbly and warm. Add in vegetables, stirring to coat with butter. Cover pan and cook on a medium heat till vegetables are tender. Sprinkle vegetables with flour and broth. Mix and stir quickly to combine; cook, uncovered, for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in water and stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, stirring constantly, till mix thickens. Add in chicken and seasonings and stir to combine.
- Pour half of mix into each casserole; top each portion with 6 biscuit wedges and bake till heated and dumplings are browned, 10-15 min. Makes 2 servings. 4 protein, 3 vegetable, 1 bread, 1 1/2 fat. 30 optional.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 774g|
|Calories from Fat 319||56%|
|Total Fat 35.73g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 14.17g||57%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.31g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||18%|