- 2 c. Sugar
- 1 3/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. Hershey's Cocoa, Or possibly... Hershey's European Style Cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 x Large eggs
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 c. Boiling water
- 1 x -BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 6 Tbsp. Butter or possibly margarine softened
- 2 2/3 c. Powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. Hershey's Cocoa, Or possibly... Hershey's European Style Cocoa
- 1/3 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans or possibly one 13x9x2-inch baking pan. In large mixer bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking pwdr, baking soda and salt. Add in Large eggs, lowfat milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 min. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 30 to 35 min for round pans, 35 to 40 min for rectangular pan or possibly till wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cold 10 min; remove from pans to wire racks. Cold completely. (Cake may be left in rectangular pan, if you like.) Frost with ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING. 8 to 10 servings.
- One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting:In small mixer bowl, beat butter. Add in powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with lowfat milk; beat to spreading consistency (additional lowfat milk may be needed).
- Blend in vanilla. About 2 c. frosting. High Altitude Directions
- Decrease sugar to 1-3/4 c. Increase flour to 1-3/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp. Decrease baking pwdr to 1-1/4 tsp. Decrease baking soda to 1-1/4 tsp. Increase lowfat milk to 1 c. plus 2 Tbsp. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, 30 to 35 min for both pan sizes