Cost per serving $0.44 view details
- 1 Head of Cabbage - shredded.
- 1 Onion shredded thinly (any onion can be used. Red ones give the
- stew a reddish tint.)
- 6 oz can Tomato Paste
- 2 Tlb. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic or 1 tsp Powdered Garlic
- 4 tsp. Minced Ginger or 2 tsp Powdered Ginger
- 1 Clove (Only One)
- 4 oz Raisins
- Salt and Pepper to taste (being careful not to over salt as will have
- to add more sugar to balance)
- 1 Lb. Meatballs (Beef or Turkey -- premade or homemade)
- Shred Cabbage thinly and halve Onion then slice thinly.
- Cook in large pot with enough water to cover vegetables.
- Do not overly dilute Tomato Paste.
- Cabbage and Onions will cook down, adding liquid.
- Add Sugar, Garlic, Ginger, Clove, and Raisins.
- Add Meatballs.
- Cook until Cabbage and Onions are soft and Meatballs are done.
- Serve over Rice or eat alone as a soup.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 144g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 114||40%|
|Total Fat 12.68g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 4.83g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.53g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|