Cost per recipe $4.21 view details
- 1 x 18.(25-oz) package plain devil's food or possibly dark chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 x 6-serving-size package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 4 x Large eggs
- 1 c. lowfat sour cream
- 1/2 c. hot water
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1Â 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat 12 c. Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray, then dust with flour. Shake out excess flour. Set pan aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, Large eggs, lowfat sour cream, hot water and oil. Blend with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute. Stop machine and scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 to 3 min more, scraping sides down. Batter should look thick and well-combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips, making sure they are distributed throughout batter. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake till cake springs back when lightly pressed with finger and just starts to pull away from sides of pan, 45 to 50 min. Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack to cold 20 min. Run long, sharp knife around edge of cake and invert onto rack to cold completely, 20 min more. Or possibly invert it onto serving platter to slice and serve while still hot.
- Store cake, covered in aluminum foil or possibly plastic wrap, at room temperature up to 1 week. Or possibly freeze it wrapped in foil, up to 6 months. Thaw cake overnight on counter before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 906g|
|Calories from Fat 2211||73%|
|Total Fat 248.72g||311%|
|Saturated Fat 87.33g||349%|
|Trans Fat 2.81g|
|Total Carbs 157.83g||42%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.6g||29%|