- 1 c. dark rum
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. brown sugar - (to 2/3)
- 1/4 c. strong Dijon mustard - (1/3)
- 1 Tbsp. Tabasco or possibly other warm sauce
- 1 Tbsp. freshly-grnd black pepper
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine all the ingredients and stir well to blend.
- You can soak the ribs in the sauce for about 30 min, if you'd like, but be sure to baste them liberally and frequently while they are on the grill.
- This recipe yields about 2 c., sufficient sauce for about 5 to 6 pounds of ribs.
- Yield: 2 c.