Cost per serving $1.47 view details
- Â Â Sesame Raisin Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- 4 x to 5 small, or possibly 2 to 3 large, fresh beets
- Â Â Oil or possibly Pam
- 1 lb mixed hearty lettuce greens washed very well,
- Â Â dry, and torn into pcs (include
- Â Â romaine, redleaf lettuce, and arugula)
- 1 sm red onion peeled, and
- Â Â sliced crosswise paper-thin
- 3 ounce good-quality blue cheese, preferably
- Â Â Maytag
- 1 x crisp Granny Smith Apple cored, not peeled,
- Â Â and cut tiny matchstick-sized julienne
- 1/2 c. walnut pcs
- Make Sesame Raisin Vinaigrette and transfer part of it, using funnel, to a squeeze bottle with a small opening (about 1/6 of an inch) at tip. Set aside.
- Wash and scrub beets, leaving whole and with peel on. Wrap beets in oiled or possibly Pammed foil, and bake at 350 degrees till tender when pierced but not mushy, about 45 min for small beets to 1 1/2 hrs for very large beets. Let beets cold. Rub off skins and dice into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Just before serving, get out chilled serving plates, and mound with prepared salad greens. Scatter the diced beet over the greens, then, using dressing in plastic squeeze bottle, quickly squeegee a ribbon of dressing over the greens, Scatter onion, cheese, apple, and walnut atop the salad, and serve at once, passing additional dressing at table.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 171g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 38||43%|
|Total Fat 4.55g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.44g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.59g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|