Cost per serving $0.03 view details
- Fresh Ginger finely chopped; one tablespoon.
- Fresh Green Chili Pepper finely chopped; one table spoon.
- Garlic finely chopped; two cloves.
- Coriandar leaves (Chinese parsley) finely chopped about quarter cup.
- Olive Oil three table spoons.
- Salt, Sugar, Cumin Seeds, Mustard Seeds, Ground Paprika, Turmeric powder, Garam Masala (available at all Indian Stores) and Baking soda.
- Garbanzo Flour; One cup
- Yogurt; half a cup
- 4 cups of water
- Preparation of dough for dumplings
- In a small bowl, take one cup garbanzo flour.
- Add quarter tea spoon of whole cumin seeds, a third tea spoon of salt, half a tea spoon of sugar and a pinch of baking soda. Also add one eighth teaspoon of the following: paprika, turmeric and garam masala. Mix well. Add half a cup of water to the mixture and stir until the mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Preparation of Yogurt Soup
- Use a saucepan with a capacity of about six cups. Add three table spoons of olive oil. To this oil, add quarter tea spoon of cumin seeds and a quarter tea spoon of mustard seeds. Heat the oil until the cumin and mustard seeds crackle. Add the finely chopped ginger, green chili pepper and garlic. Let it simmer for a minute on low heat. Add 3.5 cups of water and heat the content for five minutes. Add half teaspoon of salt, one teaspoon (or to taste) of sugar, quarter teaspoon of paprika, ground turmeric and garam masala and half a cup of yogurt. Mix well until the yogurt is not lumpy anymore in the soup. Bring to boil. Lower the heat so that the soup is boiling slowly.
- Take the dumpling mixture that is already prepared and with a small spoon, scoop (about one fourth teaspoon at a time) the dumpling mixture and drop it in the slowly boiling soup. Repeat this until all the dumpling mixture is used. Let the mixture boil slowly for about two minutes. Turn the heat off. Add finely chopped quarter cup of coriander leaves. Cover the pan and let it sit for about five minutes.
- Serve the dumpling soup with Chapati, poori or bread. Serves four.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 245g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||25%|
|Total Fat 0.24g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.15g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.21g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|