Cost per serving $4.46 view details
- 1Â 1/2 lb mahi-mahi fillet
- 1 lrg not-too-ripe papaya
- 1 lrg plantain or possibly underripe banana
- Â Â Vegetable oil for the grill
- Â Â Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. white wine
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. curry pwdr
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Seafood Alternatives: swordfish, shark, halibut Rinse the mahi-mahi and pat dry with paper towels. Cut the fish into 1-inch cubes. In a shallow dish, combine the marinade ingredients and mix well. Add in the cubes of mahi-mahi and toss to thoroughly coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in a bowl of cool water for at least 30 min before grilling.
- Meanwhile, halve the papaya and scoop out and throw away the seeds. Peel away the skin with a small knife or possibly vegetable peeler. Cut the papaya into 1-inch cubes. Peel the plantain and cut across into 1-inch pcs. Preheat the grill to high, or possibly heat coals till they glow red, with white ash around the edges.
- Take the mahi-mahi cubes from the marinade, allowing excess to drip off; reserve the marinade. Thread the mahi-mahi onto the skewers, alternating with pcs of papaya and plantain. Don't crowd ingredients on the kebabs, but leave a little space between so they will cook proportionately.
- Rub a lightly oiled towel or possibly cloth over the grill and cook till well browned, 3 to 4 min. Brush a little marinade over the kebabs, then turn and continue cooking till the fish is opaque through, about 5 min longer.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: The combination of fruit and fish is an exotic alternative to the traditional "meat and vegetable" kebab. A dash of curry adds a golden brown hue and delightful flavor. Choose fruit which is still somewhat hard, without being rock solid, to ensure which it will hold up in cooking.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 239g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 133||41%|
|Total Fat 15.03g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 2.27g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.47g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|