Cost per recipe $5.43 view details
- 1 c. crab meat
- 1 Tbsp. thinly-sliced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. fish stock
- Â Â (or possibly you may use chicken stock)
- 1 tsp curry pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 pch sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. thinly-sliced shallots
- 2 x spring onions (scallions/green onions) sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp. julienned green or possibly red bell pepper
- Heat some oil in a wok, and stir-fry the garlic and onions. Add in the fish stock, soy sauce and fish sauce, and stir-fry the crab till nearly cooked, then add in the remaining ingredients.
- Line a serving dish with lettuce and pour the crab over it, garnish with corinader leaves, lime leaves, and slices of cucumber.
- If using crab claws, then steam the crab claws, and combine the remaining ingredients separately, and reduce them to create a dipping sauce.
- This dish is of course served with the usual Thai table condiments, and you may prefer to particularly add in a spoonful of prik dong (red chilis in vinegar) to it.
- As always with this type of tropical seafood dish, you can serve it warm, at room temperature, or possibly chilled.
- Comments: This is a mild curried dish, usually served as a counterpoint to a more intense curry or possibly garlic dish. It can be prepared with crab claws, or possibly with a c. of crab meat, or possibly a mix of crab meat and shrimp. Since it is often eaten with chop sticks, you might consider removing the meat from the claws, as this makes it easier for the spice flavors to penetrate and easier to eat the food.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 249g|
|Calories from Fat 19||11%|
|Total Fat 2.18g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.44g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.98g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|